The COVID-19 pandemic has tested all of us. Community Access Network have risen to the challenge of COVID-19 with dedication and compassion for our patients. We have implemented the following practices to ensure the wellbeing of both our patients and staff, while providing the best possible care to our community.
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccines
- COVID testing is available daily, using a rapid test, for anyone who is experiencing symptoms or has been exposed to a COVID positive person.
- If you would like a vaccine, please request one during your visit or call 434-818-7880 to schedule an appointment. Every Thursday, we offer a free vaccine clinic. We are happy to walk you through eligibility and any questions you might have about the vaccine.
Screening and Visitors
While masks are no longer required, CAN still encourages their use. Masks continue to be a key tool for infection prevention and control. Masks will be provided for any patient, visitor or staff person who would like one, and anyone who would like to continue wearing a mask is free to do so.
The exceptions to the “masking optional” policy are:
- If a patient or visitor asks a staff person to wear a mask, the staff person must wear a procedural mask while interacting with them.
- Staff members are required to wear a procedural mask and other appropriate PPE when caring for patients with confirmed or suspected viral respiratory pathogens.
- Staff members are required to wear a procedural mask and other appropriate PPE when performing any aerosolizing procedures, including dental procedures.
- Televisits are now available! While we will continue to accept both regular walk-in visits and scheduled appointments, we know that some of our patients will appreciate having the choice of scheduling a televisit instead. You can see your regular provider or become a new patient from the convenience of your own surroundings. To become a televisit patient, please call 434-818-7880 and get registered!
- Our shower and laundry facilities are available to patients who have an appointment or who are walking in to see a provider.
- For ways to practice healthy self-care, please click here